- Duration: 40 hours
COURSE PURPOSES, DESCRIPTION, AND PREREQUISITES
This course is designed to teach students Python general-purpose interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, and high-level programming language. The general objective of this short course is to provide sufficient knowledge on Python programming language to help students to develop their skills for careers in various professions where computer programming is necessary. Python is a very user-friendly programming language. Therefore, it is highly recommended for the beginners especially for those who wish to start their career as a software programmer and software engineer.
Course prerequisite: students/early career
- Content Goals
- Learn fundamental principles of programming
- Program Optimization & Debugging
- Design, develop, test and evaluate software.
- Web design and development.
- Develop policies and procedures to manage enterprise security risks.
- Evaluate and communicate the human role in software systems.
- Ethics, social engineering vulnerabilities in software.
- Interpret and forensically investigate software/security incidents.
- Timely decision-making.
- Learn the principles of network development.
- Performance Goals
- Practical training in Python programming
Module 1. Introduction to Python (2 hrs.)
Module 2. Overview & Environment Setup (2 hrs.)
Module 3. Basic Syntax & Variable Types (4 hrs.)
Module 4. Basic Operators (4 hr.)
Module 5. Decision Making (4 hr.)
Module 6. Loops (4 hrs.)
Module 7. Numbers & Strings (4 hrs.)
Module 8. Lists & Tuples (4 hrs.)
Module 9. Dictionary (2 hr.)
Module 10. Date & Time (2 hr.)
Module 11. Functions & Modules (4 hrs.)
Module 12. Files I/O & Exceptions (4 hrs.)