- Lessons: 38
- Duration: 40 hours
As a security officer, you could work for all kinds of organisations. Your role could vary depending on the industry you work in, and could include:
- Patrolling, securing and monitoring premises, sometimes helped by closed circuit television (CCTV)
- Guarding cash or other valuables in a security vehicle that is travelling between locations (in transit)
- Airport security – searching aircraft, passengers and luggage, and guarding the airport boundaries
- Supervising on the door for a large organisation.
Participants will receive a detailed instruction required to complete the Ontario Security Guard Exam. Upon course completion you will be eligible to write the exam on Ontario Security Guard License.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent.
- The candidate must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have criminal record checks with clean criminal record.
The Course Includes:
- Health and Safety
- Canadian Legal System
- Emergency Response Preparation
- Information about Security Industry
Duration : 40 Hrs (2 weeks max.)
Introduction to the Security Industry
The Private Security and Investigative Services Act and Ministry Code of Conduct
Basic Security Procedures
Health and Safety
Emergency Response Preparation
Canadian Legal System
Use of Force Theory
Emergency Level First Aid